Student Ministry Job Description
May 27, 2014
Student Ministry Pastor
Nesconset Christian Church
Nesconset Christian Church
Purpose of Position: To develop and grow the Student Ministry of the Nesconset Christian Church in accordance with the vision of NCC’s Student Ministry. The Student Ministry Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of high school students (grades 6 through 12). This includes leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events (camps, conferences, trips, service projects, etc.).
Personal Character and Conduct: All staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner, realizing that more people watch our example then hear our teaching. Thus, manner of dress, behavior, personal conduct, attitudes, recreation habits, etc. must be above reproach. All staff members should plan to participate in church wide events and lend their assistance and support to the total church program.
Essential Position Functions:
- The Student Ministry Pastor will create and implement an effective outreach strategy to attract unchurched and religiously disconnected teenagers in our community who will then be welcomed into a ministry environment of grace, love and encouragement.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will create and implement an effective strategy of discipleship that will develop the following seven habits in the spiritual lives of our students:
- Worship God Passionately
- Study God's Word Intensely
- Serve God's people Sacrificially
- Pray to God Expectantly
- Share God with others Effectively
- Live for God Honorably
- Manage God's provisions wisely
- The Student Ministry Pastor will create and implement an effective strategy of intentional spiritual, emotional and physical care of all students within our Student Ministry.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will work in conjunction with the Pastor and Church Leadership Team in ministering to the student’s family as we strive to build within our church family strong marriages, parent-child relationships and families who love God.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will create an environment within our Student Ministry where racial, ethnic and cultural diversity will always be encouraged and celebrated.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will create and implement an effective strategy that provides our students opportunities to minister to those who are in need and under-resourced.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will work in conjunction with the Pastor and Elders in the areas of counseling, hospital calling, weddings and funerals on an as needed basis.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will preach at the Sunday Services of NCC at times mutually agreed by the Pastor and Student Ministry Pastor.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will be the primary pastoral care provider for those adults and their families who work with him in student ministry.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will create and implement an effective strategy to recruit and train Student Ministry Volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- The Student Ministry Pastor will be responsible for the preparation and supervision of the Student Ministry Annual Budget. He will also lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
A typical work week is 9:00 a.m- 5:00 p.m. four days a week, 9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. one day a week. The staff should also be willing to work evenings as needed. This is all in addition to Sunday responsibilities. Each full time staff person may take one full day and one half day off each week, not to be accrued.
Staff Vacation time is afforded according to the following schedule:
In years 1-5 of employment 2 weeks of vacation each calendar year
In years 6-10 of employment 3 weeks of vacation each calendar year
In years 11-15 of employment 4 weeks of vacation each calendar year
In years 16 and beyond 5 weeks of vacation each calendar year
The Senior Pastor has the responsibility for daily direction of all staff. The Student Ministry Pastor will work with and report to the Senior Pastor. He is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor for job performance and ministry effectiveness.
The Senior Pastor reserves the right to adjust priorities and descriptions as he sees fit. He also reserves the right to request the Student Ministry Pastor to perform other related duties as directed.
This shall all take place within the oversight of the Elders of NCC.